Sunday 22 July 2012

Review: Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss

Hello!

Today I am going to be reviewing the Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss from Essence. Since Essence has come to Singapore, I have acquired a few products and these are some great finds!

So I have two colours to talk about today:


  1. 01 Me&My Icecream





Me&My Icecream is a creamy baby pink and it looks just like strawberry ice cream in the tube as the name suggests. It is nicely pigmented for a light colour and has no shimmer, but is highly glossy. This colour is easy to wear and is nice to layer over a lipstick or lipliner. Naturally, my lip colour is quite pigmented, so maybe if you're someone with a lighter natural lip colour it may show up more on your lips.


     2. 04 Trendsetter







Trendsetter is a creamy ruby pink, and it is really pigmented for a lipgloss. There aren't alot of inexpensive lipglosses that are as pigmented as they look in the tube. If you are someone who doesn't like a bold lip then I wouldn't recommend this colour to you.

Price:
Less than S$6 for 4mL

Availability:
Unfortunately these products are now discontinued, essence sometimes brings them back in warehouse sales so look out for them in the future!

Click here to find the nearest Watsons store near you that sells essence cosmetics.

Long-lasting:
It lasted well on the lips whilst drinking and talking however when it came to eating it did come off, but honestly it doesn't bother me because I can just apply it again afterwards.

Pros:
  • Applicator. This is one funky applicator. It's easy to apply since it fits the curve of the lip well.
  • Packaging. The packaging is good quality, it's a nice glass bottle and it looks quite cute.

Cons:
  •  Has a strong fruity scent, not the nicest fruity scent I have ever smelled in a lipgloss and it occasionally gives me a headache, it also lingers on the lips. So if you are sensitive to scents, I wouldn't recommend this.

If you want to check out the other colours available in this range you can visit www.essence.eu, I'm interested in trying 08 Deep Rose, which is like a dusty rose and it looks beautiful. Also 09 Hottest Fuchsia, which is pretty self-explanatory.

I would recommend checking these lipglosses out if you are looking for an inexpensive way to experiment with new colours.


Thanks for reading (:


*What products have you tried and enjoyed from Essence? Let me know below!*

2 comments:

  1. those are pretty colours! love the shades on you!

    thanks for the follow btw!

    goodluck on the giveaway sweetie!

    x
    wickeRmoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I saw you picked one up the other day hehe, thanks for letting me enter! x

      Delete