Tuesday 30 October 2012

a-england The Gothic Beauties Collection Swatches & Review (& a Dupe!)

The a-england Gothic Beauties Collection consists of 5 colours: 4 shimmer and 1 metallic. They are three free and cruelty free and retail for £9 on the  a-england website.

I ordered mine from an online shop based here in Singapore (however they deliver worldwide except Italy) called Mei Mei Signatures. They have over 40 brands including the more famous brands like OPI, Orly, China Glaze, A-England, Nubar etc. And many indie brands that are difficult to get a hold of like GlitterDaze, Rainbow Polish, Girly Bits, XOXO Nails, Sea Lore and more!

A-England sells for S$16 for 11mL (Which is $2 cheaper than if you were to buy it from the a-england website)

You can check our their FacebookTwitterBlogPinterest and instagram @meimeisignatures

 L-R: Dorian Gray, Jane Eyre, Ophelia and Tess D'Urbervilles


Dorian Gray is a pewter grey with golden shimmer. I applied two thin coats, one thick coat would suffice for full opacity. Very easy removal.





Dupe Alert!! Essence Colour & Go Polish in Luxury Secret retails for S$2.80, check out my blog post here.

Ophelia has a black base with purple shimmer (it has both pink toned and blue toned purple shimmer). Applied two thin coats, again one thick coat would do. The glitter doesn't really show up on the nail unless it is under certain lights, making it really hard to photograph!





Tess D'Urbervilles has a black base with emerald shimmer. I'm wearing this now, and it is the most dimensional of the 3 shimmers that I got. The shimmer is much more noticeable in person than the others. Applied two thin coats.





Jane Eyre has a black base with crimson/ brown red shimmer. Applied two thin coats, easily removed.






The only colour that I couldn't get was The Lady of Shalott since it was out of stock, it is actually really pretty with a black base and blue shimmer, but what can ya do!

Now, I wouldn't be lying if I was to say I brought this collection purely because of the names. However, they aren't as stunning on the nails as they are in the bottles. Saying that... I love wearing black nail polish so even though it does just look like black under certain lights, I know that it isn't and it adds something secretive :P

Would I say these are must haves? No
Are they a nice addition to my collection? Yes


*Have you ever brought anything based on its name?*


Thanks for stopping by!
Becky (:

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty and classy, love the look :)
    I follow you now ! Wanna be your friend!
    Follow me back on facebook ,twitter,and GFC and add me as a friend in GFC
    love you dear :)

    Marcchanelette.blogspot.com
    Marcchanel'ette

    ReplyDelete