Saturday 19 October 2013

Catrice Cosmetics Absolute Eye Colour Quad - 080 Yellow Sumbagreen | Review and Swatches








Catrice Cosmetics Yellow Submagreen (080) Absolute Eye Colour Quad (S$8.90 for 1.5g/0.05 oz) is one of the first products that I have tried from Catrice since they arrived in Singapore a while back. From the very first time that I used it, it has skyrocketed into my favourite palettes of all time and I cannot wait to share this with you and purchase more in the future!

I got this around the summer time but I think that the shadows are more suited towards this time of year personally, and the little pop of colour can help brighten your more autumnal colour combinations.

If you haven't already seen my FOTD Chartreuse Smokey Eye using this palette then you can see it here.

The first thing I noticed about the quad was the packaging. Very sleek, compact and professional looking. It has a magnetic closure so it closes very securely which is ideal for travel. Also since it's clear you can see what shades are in the quad if you have multiple ones in your collection.

The texture of the shades are extremely comparable to Urban Decay shadows, both very soft and velvety. The four shades in this palette can lean either cool or warm depending on which shades you use. I find the top two lean warm, whereas the bottom two lean more cool. Creating an overall neutral toned look.

Another thing I like is, hypothetically when using this palette the darkest shade (Shade 4) would be the most pigmented and used only in the crease and/or smudged along bottom lash line – therefore it makes sense to have only a small amount of the darkest shade and a larger amount of the lid shades (Shade 2 and 3) since you will use them more often. Very sensible and thoughtful.


Shade 1 is a chartreuse yellow shimmer with silver/blue pearlescence.
Shade 2 is an olive green shimmer with red/gold and copper shimmers.
Shade 3 is a light grey shimmer with yellow and silver fine glitters.
Shade 4 is a deep matte brown with silver shimmers.







The shadows were swatched over NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk using a flat shader brush from Sigma. I don't think the Shades 2, 3 and 4 particularly need a white base underneath because they are very pigmented. Shade 1, although pigmented doesn't appear as it does in the pan without a base behind to help it. (I've tried both with and without).

The shades are easy to blend without creating a muddy look. Great staying power also, stayed on all day (and embarrassingly I admit this), they also looked fabulous after I exercised wearing them, oops!

For the price-point I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow quad, in fact I would think these were high-end shadows if I didn't know better.

I purchased mine from Guardian at NEX@Serangoon Mall, if you want to know what Guardian stores sell Catrice Cosmetics, click here.

*



Have you tried any eyeshadows from Catrice? Let me know below!


Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to follow me on bloglovin' and I'll see you next time!



1 comment:

  1. Lovin the colours!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete