Wednesday 30 October 2013

essence cosmetics Quattro Eyeshadow Quad - 12 Purple Day* | Review and Swatches








essence Cosmetics Purple Day (#12) Quattro Eye Shadow Quad (S$6.50 for 5g/0.17oz) consists of four shadows and can be used to create anything from a deep, dark sultry purple eye to a shimmering golden bronzed look. If you haven't seen my FOTD using this palette you can view it in action here.


The packaging of the quad is nice and compact, easy to throw in your makeup bag for touch-ups and has a nice snap closure so you don't have to worry about it opening. I also enjoy the fact that the packaging is clear so you can see what shades are inside (since I have 3 other of the Quattro eyeshadows!).


Shade 1 is a light beige shimmer with chunky silver glitter
Shade 2 is a rich deep purple matte with purple/blue shimmers
Shade 3 is a chocolate brown with gold metallic shimmers
Shade 4 is a warm pink toned purple satin with silver shimmers

Natural Daylight

With Flash

 The swatches above were over top of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk using a flat shader brush from Sigma. After trying out a few different looks with these shadows and playing around with the different colour combinations I found that Shade 1 and Shade 4 were slightly disappointing 

When I first used this palette on my eyes, I just used an e.l.f sheer eyelid primer and I placed Shade 4 onto the inner third of my eye and it basically blended out to nothing, which is disappointing since I really love this shade of purple and have nothing like it in my collection. Then after I applied it over a purple cream base it looked lovely! Also with Shade 1, it is pretty sheer and does contain chunky glitter particles so I did experience some glitter fallout so I would definitely recommend a good cream base and patting not sweeping motions when applying to get the most out of the shadows.

If you checked out my FOTD using this palette, I absolutely love how the 2nd and 3rd shades compliment not only each other but also my eye colour. I haven't ever experienced any creasing with these shadows when I've worn them (always over a eye primer and/or cream eyeshadow).

Also I personally always need to use a matte skin tone colour to blend my edges since I have hooded eyes so I can't just use this palette by itself (I use my trusty UD Naked Basics).

You can find essence cosmetics at a number of Watsons stores scattered around this sunny little island, to find the closest essence counter to you, click here.


*

Have you tried any Quattro Eyeshadows from essence? If so, which shade did you get? Let me know in the comments below!


Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to follow me on bloglovin' if you haven't already and I'll see you next time!



*This product was provided by the company for my honest review purposes

1 comment:

  1. Becky!! The swatches are amazing! I never thought their shadows would be this vibrant! I really need that jumbo shadow pencil!

    ReplyDelete